Monday, March 9, 2009

A New Take on Scrapbooking

If you recall in an earlier post, my word for the year is Refresh. One of the ways I am refreshing my scrapbooking is entering various contests. It is an easy way to challenge myself to scrap outside of my comfort zone.

I entered the Paper Trunk Designer of the Month contest - no luck there but then if you don't try, how will you know???

I entered the My Sketch World Designer call and guess what? Yes, I was chosen! I am really enjoying the sketches here and the forum is great fun too!

Now I am doing the Ribbon Rave at Savvy n Sassy! For the next 6 weeks, there are challenges to complete. All you have to do is complete them - no eliminations, no being thrown off the island! It's great fun and tomorrow is the start of Week 2!

Here is my entry:

Supplies: Close To My Heart (green, black cs; black ink); Scenic Route pp; Tim Holtz grungeboard; Prima flowers: Heidi Swapp (F-A-M-I-L-Y chipboard alphas); Making Memories (leather photo corners); Autumn Leaves (journaling spot); American Crafts pen; Queen & Co orange brads; Chatterbox glazed brad with owl; ribbon (Love Elsie - printed; May Arts - orange)

And for good measure, I think I'll enter yet another contest - what? I am not sure! But it keeps me hopping! LOL

No comments: