Friday, March 13, 2009

Heidi Swapp's Mirror Album

In our February Scrap Shotz kit, we received Heidi Swapp's mirror album. At first I was uncertain on how I would approach the album. It had reflective qualities and its inserts were transparent. After mulling it over a bit, I got to work and here is my album. I hope you like it! It sure was fun to do!!! Oh I have to add that reading Ali Edwards' Life Artist book made me relax about how I approached the album and that helped tremendously.

Here is the cover - I absolutely love the mirror cover; it's the coolest!

Supplies: American Crafts alphas; Making Memories chipboard heart; Prima crystal; Urban Lily chipboard sentiment; various scraps of ribbon (unknown sources)

The first page of the album includes a picture of me and Danielle. While not the most flattering picture of me, I remember quite vividly the moment it was taken and it will always be special to me.

Supplies: Making Memories shaped paper; KI Memories lace paper; rub (I am not 100% sure but it is either Basicgrey or Cosmo Cricket - sorry about that...)

And a close-up of the lace paper - I love the see-through quality of the lace paper against the transparency insert.

And page 2...OK, this is one of my favorite pages. I love the transparent look and this picture makes me laugh! I love the photo and it fits perfectly in the Chatterbox Eclectique frame.

Supplies: Chatterbox Eclectique frame; Prima crystal; Urban Lily rub

A close-up of the bottom - I like that you can see the other pages layered behind...

Page 3 ... This might possibly be my favorite page! First of all, I love the photo and secondly, I had a blast using my KI Memories rubs all over the insert.

Supplies: Fancy Pants (pink floral rub); Prima crystal heart; KI Memories (adjective rubs); Pink Paislee (rub in parentheses); chipboard tab (Basic Grey Marrakesh line)

Page 4 just grabs my heart - I love that Danielle loves Pinkie so deeply and unconditionally just like me to her...sigh...

Supplies: Chipboard fleur de lis (American Crafts); Glitz Design (gems); Urban Lily (pink circle rub); Luxe Designs (light pink sentiment); Fancy Pants (blue bird rub)

Page 5 - This photo IS so Danielle - she has such a fun and BIG personality! I love that!!

Supplies: Heidi Swapp (black gems); Basic Grey (chipboard tab); KI Memories (softies - butterflies); Fancy Pants (star and flourish rub)

Page 6 had me stumped. Do I paint the letters? Do I cut pictures to fit the letters and then by luck, the insert I tossed on my desk landed on the photo and that is how the page was born!

Supplies: Doodlebug pattern paper; Martha Stewart border punch; Pebbles (chipboard glittered blue heart); KI Memories (lace paper from which the 4 was cut); Prima crystal; KI Memories (rubs); Pink Paislee (rub in oval)

And a close-up of the last page...

My album is a bit chubbier than most as I added several pages created with my Hambly screen prints and some BasicGrey Euphoria. All in all, I had so much fun creating this album and I don't know why I was scared to start! LOL

Thanks for dropping by!
-vw

3 comments:

Heather M. said...

V, this album is soooooo gorgeous! love, love, love it!

Ann said...

Wow, wow, wow. This turned out amazing. Great work V

Kiss my Paper Trimmer! said...

um..... WOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! This album is soooooo awesome V!!! You did a wonderful job!! I sure would like to see this IRL - it must be beautiful!