Saturday, August 1, 2009

It's the First of August!

Wow! Summer is half over! Yikes! That means school starts in just a measly 4 weeks...and Danielle will be going to school every single day! *sniff* *sniff* I am so going to miss her...she and I are such good buddies. We think alike, share the same crazy humour and have fun hanging out together...

Well, I better start writing something else here or I will start crying!

This month I have lots of scrappy things to share. Let's start with a few projects from the Scrap Shotz August Reveal. Gosh! I have to gush about this kit by Ruby Rock-It. They are a new company from Australia and there stuff is FANTASTIC!!! Did I mention fantastic????? Because I really mean it! Their papers really speak to me! (And if you are reading this and are planning on having a design team, can you please please PLEASE pick me??? LOL) Everything about their products speak to me. It's like all their pattern papers match all my pictures; uncanny, eh?

So let's start with a mini album I whipped up in 30 minutes. Yes, it was literally 30 minutes. I took a bunch of extra pictures, cut them down to 2.5 x 3.5 inches, stacked them with the ATC transparencies, cracked open my brand new Bind It All and voila! a beautiful mini album!

The great thing about this album is that I can easily add more pages into this album, say details of the pictures or just more pictures. I love this and can see myself doing a whole lot more of these!

The intent of this layout is to have it hung in Danielle's room. She and Pinkie are inseparable and have been since I gave her Pinkie. Actually Pinkie was purchased from the Peter Lougheed Hospital Flower Shop. I had had my hip replaced and wanted her to have something that she could love as Danielle shared the experience with me when she was 6 weeks old. Yes, she was admitted with me and it was the best thing ever for me. I would have been a basket case without her and I really believed she kept me calm and made me want to recuperate quicker.

Originally this was a circular piece of pattern paper with a few cut outs. I loved the frame so much that I used my coluzzle to cut the inside out. I created another circular layout with the picture of Danielle and Pinkie and all the other gorgeous pattern papers in the kit. Then I popped up the gorgeous frame with pop dots on top of the layout. I also added some of the Ruby Rock-It gems...these are yummers! They are super sparkly. The flowers on the edge of the frame are images hand cut from another piece of pattern paper.


I have wanted to scrap these pictures for so long. Danielle was sooooooo happy with her one piece bathing suit that she picked up on a shopping trip with Pau Pau. And these were her "fashion poses" LOL


With the kit ribbons, I created tabs adorned with the gems. The circles and flowers are hand cut from a piece of pattern paper. Some of the elements are popped up with pop dots.

Thanks for dropping by! I'll have a few more projects from the Scrap Shotz kit to share with you!
-vw

No comments: