Monday, February 7, 2011

Clear Scraps Guest Design Project #2

Awhile back, I was asked to be a Guest Designer for Clear Scraps. (I had applied for a Design Team position but didn't make it :-( I was close though :-) and had the privilege of using their products.) If you haven't used their products before, what are you waiting for??? To me, acrylic is just like paper and I treat it as such. What I love about the Clear Scraps acrylic products is that it can be inked easily (yes, easily!!!), embossed ('tis true) and it seems that any adhesive works like a charm on it!! 

Now onto my second project. I was wracking my brain trying to think of an attractive way to package some cookies I made for various hostess/thank you gifts to some special friends this past Christmas. Here is what a $1 item from the Dollar Store can look like after 30 minutes!!!



Here are the details on what I did...Using Urban Lily papers (Becky will set you up for some Urban Lily papers - they are utterly gorgeous with oh so unique designs!), I cut the panel to fit around the mini paint can. Then I spritzed it with some Pearl Tattered Angels glimmer mist; you all know I love the stuff, right? :-) Then I adhered the text from the Urban Lily paper to the Clear Scraps label piece. A bit of ribbon was the finishing touch...oh and the cookies too! Voila! Instant gift! I made 8 of these gems to giveaway and they were instant hits with the recipients!

And a close-up of the lid...



Thanks for dropping by!

No comments: