Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Week #4 Entry for the Ribbon Rave

Week 4's challenge was shabby chic! Yes, shabby chic! Yikes! I don't think I have ever scrapped shabby chic and I really had a hard time with the challenge. We had to provide our inspiration image too and I searched the internet for a picture...anything to inspire me. I finally settled on a bedroom suite that was described as shabby chic. Absolutely loved the creams, pinks, hint of green and browns.

Here is now I created my layout...

All ribbons are from SnS. All papers were distressed with Close To My Heart distressor and sewn in a freestyle quilting pattern with cream cotton thread. Then the papers were sprayed with two colours of Tattered Angels glimmer mist - Tattered Leather and Walnut Gold. The papers were allowed to dry and I chose not to flatten the papers to add to the shabbiness. The ribbons and lace as well as the paper flowers were all treated in the same manner with the glimmer mists. All the flowers were layered with pop dots for added dimension. A handful of shades of pink buttons were adhered to the page as accents either with ribbons or embroidery floss.

Here are some pictures of the 3D elements...


I have pretty much always been button-challenged...until this challenge! LOL Now I am a button addict!


Lots of ribbon on this layout! The cream ribbons were too "bright and clean" so I sprayed them liberally with the awesome Tattered Angels glimmer mist! Yummers!


This is a good picture of how you can indeed change the colour of all your flowers! A few squirts of glimmer mist changes the whole look of the flower. The large bloom has been layered with pop dots - very very fun!

Thanks so much for looking and dropping by!
-vw

2 comments:

Ellen/elcrafty said...

wow V this is stunning! you have to submit it for the magazines! I love the buttons the flowers and those pictures of dd are too cute!

Ann said...

Virginia, this LO was just amazing. Stunning!!!