Friday, June 4, 2010

A Dressing Tradition

I know that I do not do enough to teach Madison and Danielle about their Chinese heritage. The one thing we always do is celebrate and talk about Chinese New Years. And with Chinese New Year, is wearing the traditional dress, cheung saam. We have one for each girl for every year they have been born. I have since passed on some of the dresses but I always make a point of taking a picture of them in their dresses.


Supplies:  Urban Lily (pattern papers); Making Memories (glittered chipboard elements, mini alphas); Heidi Swapp (large alphas); American Crafts (pen for journalling)

Thanks for letting me share!

1 comment:

Laurie (Wally) said...

Oh what a great tradition... With my brother in Taiwan... I have learned alot about the new years celebration....