Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas and a Happy Boxing Day

Goodness! Yesterday passed in a whirlwind blur! Danielle came bursting into our room at 740 am, waking me from a deep sleep! In my sleep induced stupor, I managed to mutter, "Merry Christmas...what did Santa bring?" That was enough to have both girls start emptying their stockings on our bed and going through the stocking, item by item. This year there was some "pretend make-up" in the stocking which was a huge hit! When the girls finished oohing and aaahing over their stocking, they rushed upstairs to see what Santa brought. I wish I had been awake enough to grab the camcorder to record their gasps and capture their priceless looks of shock - that was a moment that I never want to forget!

We opened a couple of presents and then took a wee break to have some freshly made cinnamon buns! Wow! The cinnamon buns more than doubled in size this year and they were delish! We just gobbled it all down with a good strong cup of coffee and hazelnut syrup! LOL The girls opened up the rest of the gifts and were eager to start playing right away with the Wii...as were we, if truth be told! Danielle wanted to stop after opening her "glass slippers" - so cute! She did not want anything else other than a pair or two of pretend high heels - she has been wearing or carrying them around the house since then!

I hope you'll indulge me and let me share a few pictures of the day!





Merry Christmas Everyone! I am off to brave the crowds at the various Boxing Day sales!
-Virginia

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

such beautiful pictures of the girls V! glad that you had a wonderful Christmas!
HUGS Ellen!

Ann said...

Those girls are so cute. Great pictures V.

Heather M. said...

Beautiful photos! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! All the best in the new year!